Mount Sopris offers WellCAD™ log acquisition and processing software, the most intuitive and comprehensive user interface in the industry. Combining excellent display, editing and analysis capabilities, WellCAD™ has become the standard log composite software in mining, natural resource, geotechnical, and other communities. WellCAD is a trademark of Mount Sopris partner, Advanced Logic Technology.
WellCAD™ 5.6 is now Released!
The basic WellCAD™ Version 5.6 package includes WellCAD Reader and Crossplot modules, and incorporates all features and tools necessary to import, edit, process and display your Well data. The software is delivered with a set Templates, Header, Dictionaries customized for specific application. You can easily modify existing ones or create you own. Single-user licenses, as well as network licenses available. For more information on licensing types, please see the Licensing Options document.
Find out What’s New in WellCAD™ 5.6!Wellcad-V5.6-Release-Notes
Rich Graphical Display
- Fully graphical driven standard Windows* software
- Real-time data display generated from the depth / time based information held in the data repository
- Display of curves, patterns, symbols, text, formation markers, image data, photographs,…
- Comprehensive sets of formatting styles (point, bar, curve style, color, thickness, fonts, shading,…)
- Editor for custom symbols, patterns, header & trailer design
- 3D Borehole Display
Comprehensive Interpretation Tools
- Common Data Processing Tools : resampling, filtering, single-, block- or multi curve statistics, equation editor,…
- Specialized Workspaces for Image & Structure Interpretation, FWS data, core description, multi-well correlation,…
- Cased Hole Interpretation Workspace (available in 2016)
- Cross plotting workspace and chart log
- Application Programming Interface for batch processing scripts or advanced algorithm development
Intuitive Data Management
- Choose from 28 different data container types to host single point, interval or array data
- New intuitive user interface to manage data and properties
- Powerful templates for automatic plot formatting
- Alias tables for mnemonic management and standardization
- Automatic audit trail of changes made to each data container
- WellCAD works on PCs, laptops and tablets with Windows OS (32 and 64bit compatible, supported by Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
- Completely portable through hardlock protection or server license borrowing
- Does not require a connection to a database system
Global Support Team
- Rely on effective support from the WellCAD team and partners in offices worldwide
- Display of curves, patterns (e.g. lithology), symbols (e.g. fossils), text, formation marker, hierarchical stratigraphic columns, image data (e.g. FMI, ATV, OTV), photographs, operational symbols (e.g. DSTs, RFTs, Mud Data, Survey Data, etc.), …
- An unlimited number of data containers, of which 28 different types exist to host single point (continuous and discontinuous), interval or array data, can be freely positioned on the workspace and combined for complex WYSIWYG plot formatting.
- Audit trail for each data container and processing step (i.e. Log History).
- No restriction to number of tracks or number of curves to be plotted or superimposed.
- Comprehensive sets of formatting styles are available for each data container type – pen type, pen thickness, pen color, fonts, shading, curve style (e.g. point-to-point, step or bar) and many more.
- Scale and appearance of vertical grids can be customized using individual classification schemes (e.g. Wenthworth scale, Phi scale).
- Depth may be referenced to MD, TVD, TVDSS or any other depth (or date & time) system due to capabilities of non linear depth matching. Support of depth and elevation display.
- Libraries of customizable and scaleable patterns and symbols (e.g. lithology, physical structure, fossils, pore types, …) are provided. The freely distributed LithCAD application allows design and import of new patterns and symbols.
Dips Workspace (Polar/Rose/Stereonet)
- Data Formats – Import (LIS, DLIS, LAS, ASCII, EXCEL, WITSML, JPEG, AGS,…)
- Data Formats – Export (LIS, DLIS, LAS, ASCII, CGM, JPEG, EXCEL, Petrel compatible ASCII,…)
Multiple Depth Management
Cross Plot Workspace
- Cross plotting workspace (up to 4 components, clustering, overlay and regression options).
- Chart Log for cross plots, ternary diagrams and histograms as part of the report.
- Workspace for dip data (rose, polar projection, walkout and woodcock diagrams).
- Tracking and statistic bars for interactive determination of statistical information.
- Interval and multi-log statistics.
- Interactive input and editing of data (in spreadsheet editor and graphic layout).
- Sophisticated annotation options including operational symbols for wellsite geologists.
- Filter, resampling and data interpolation options.
- Custom equation editor
- Computation of borehole deviation data (azimuth, tilt, northing, easting, TVD and more).
- Borehole condition corrections.
- Total & spectral gamma processing (window stripping and full spectrum analysis).
- Borehole volume calculations.
- Multi log statistics.
Annotations and Operational Symbols
Additional processing and analysis modules include:
- Image & Structure Interpretation (ISI) workspace for image processing.
- FWS (Full Waveform Sonic) Module for Sonic log processing, semblance, CBL, etc.
- Multiwell Module for fence diagrams, log cross-sections, etc.
- Deviation Module for 3D deviation plots.
- CoreCAD Module for wellsite logging of cuttings and drill bit returns.
- LIS/DLIS Import-Export Module for FMI data import & export.
- Automation Module for enhanced data processing.
- Browser Module for real-time logging into WellCAD Window.
Mount Sopris fully supports WellCAD users with our Support & Maintenance package. Please review these Frequently Asked Questions to learn more!
Please Contact Us if you are interested in a Demonstration version of WellCAD.
To Download Version 5.5 please visit the ALT Download page.
To Purchase Upgrades to the latest version or Purchase New Software or Modules, please visit our Online Store.
To Download Older Versions of the WellCAD software, please contact email@example.com.
Download the Complete WellCAD Brochure Here.