The New 2nd Generation Optical Televiewer is Here!
The QL40-OBI-2G and OBI40GR-2G are the new generation of Optical Borehole Imagers. The new televiewer comprises a completely redesigned optical assembly with new electronics. It implements a high resolution CMOS digital image sensor combined with a fisheye lens. The tool produces an extraordinarily clear, sharp, 360° continuous- upwrapped digital picture of the borehole wall, either in air or clear water. Resolutions up to 1800 pixels over the borehole circumference can be achieved, which makes this televiewer ideal for lithological, mineralogical, and structural analyses.
A built in high precision orientation package incorporating a 3-axis magnetometer and 3-axis accelerometer allows orientation of the images to a global reference and determination of the borehole’s azimuth and inclination. Optical televiewer images can complement and even replace a coring survey and its associated problems of core recovery and orientation.
The new QL40-OBI-2G televiewer is fully digital and can operate on standard wirelines. It can be either combined with other logging tools of the QL (QuickLink) product line to build tool strings or operated as a standalone tool.
The OBI40GR-2G is a standalone tool version integrating a natural gamma sensor thereby enabling the measurement of gamma radiation emitted naturally from within the formations crossed by a borehole.
For more detailed information on the differences between the 1st and 2nd generation optical televiewers, please see the Release Note.
- Detailed and oriented structural information
- Reference for core orientation
- Fracture detection and evaluation
- Breakout analysis
- Detection of thin beds
- Determination of bedding dip
- Lithology and mineralogical characterization
- Casing inspection
[X] Water (Clear)
[X] Open Hole
[X] PVC Borehole
[_] Not Necessary
Features & Benefits
- Unlike standard video systems, televiewers operate on any standard wireline
- Higher televiewer image resolution- up to 1800 pixels over the borehole circumference
- 40 mm OD for logging small diameter boreholes
- Can replace or support a coring survey and the associated problems of core recovery and orientation
- Digital data transmission up to 500 kbits per second
- Real time automatic telemetry tuning according to the cable length/ type
- Lifetime factory color calibration
Specifications – Metric/English
|Weight||5.3 Kg||11.7 lbs.|
|Max. Pressure||200 bar||2900 psi|
Optical Sensor: 1/3″ high sensitivity CMOS digital image sensor
Azimuthal Resolution: 120, 180, 360, 600, 900, 1800 pixels
Vertical Resolution: User definable minimum 1 mm. Function of depth encoder resolution.
Color Resolution: 24 bits RGB true colors
Responsivity: 5.48 V/lux-sec
Light Source: High efficiency LEDs
Color Temperature: 5600 K
Light Intensity: 750 lm
Color Rendering Index: 80%
Power Max.: 5.60 W
Orientation Sensor: APS 544 – 3-Axis Magnetometer and Accelerometer
Inclination Accuracy: ± 0.5 º
Azimuth Accuracy: ± 1.2 º
QL Televiewer Stack Possibilities
- QL40OBI-2G + QL40GR (Gamma): Bed boundary identification
- QL40OBI-2G + QL40SGR (Spectral Gamma): Complex lithological analysis and Clay typing
WellCAD® Software is an advanced log processing and visualization software recommended for use with all Mount Sopris and ALT logging probes. The WellCAD Image & Structure Interpretation (ISI) Workspace, used in conjunction with the QL40-OBI-2G optical televiewer provides:
- Fully interactive structure interpretation using automatic picking algorithms: Structure logs, Polar, and Rose diagrams, Structure interval statistics
- Processing techniques: Trace interpolation, adjust brightness and contrast, extract RGB values, etc.
- 3D Log Visualization for virtual cores and breakout analysis
For more information, please refer to the WellCAD ISI Workspace news post.
WellCAD Image & Structure Interpretation Workspace
Please Contact Us for the User Guide