The QL40-GR-CCL is a combination of a natural gamma ray (GR) assembly and casing collar locator (CCL). The natural gamma ray (GR) module measures the amount of gamma radiations occurring naturally within the formations crossed by a borehole. A scintillation Sodium Iodide crystal is used to detect the gamma rays. Gamma rays are produced mainly by isotopes of potassium, thorium, uranium and their decay products. The gamma ray log is widely used in the mining and groundwater industry for the identification of lithology, correlation between boreholes and clay content analyses.
The casing collar locator (CCL) is a magnetic device sensitive to changes of metal thickness at casing or tubing collar. It is always run in steel cased boreholes to detect the position of casing collars. It is mainly used for depth control and depth correlation.
The QL40-GR-CCL is supplied as a stackable sub of the Quick Link (QL) product line or it can be run as a standalone tool.
- Bed boundary analysis
- Casing Collar Locator
- Facies changes
- Coarsening/ Fining Sequences
- Identify Clay Aquitards
- Aquifer Thickness
- Uranium Concentration
[X] PVC Borehole
Features & Benefits
- Versatile, ubiquitous probe which functions with a wide range of applications and borehole conditions.
- Matrix .sub files can be modified to output gamma in API units or %wt U3O8 (percent weight Uranium).
- CCL magnets cause large magnetic flux at casing joints.
Specifications – Metric/English
|Weight||6 Kg||13 lbs.|
|Max. Pressure||200 bar||2900 psi|
Gamma Sensor: NaI(Tl) Crystal 2.22 cm x 7.62 cm / 0.875” x 3.0”
CCL Sensor: 32 x 280 mm Coil & Magnets Assembly
QL Stack Possibilities
- QL40GR-CCL + QL40FWS (Sonic) : Production logging in casing
- QL40GR-CCL + QL40NEU (Neutron): Lithology and Casing Analysis in Dry Holes
- QL40GR-CCL + QL40FTC (Fluid Cond, Temp): Water quality, Casing quality, Flow zone analysis