Don’t miss out! Taylor Weber from Mount Sopris Instruments, will be teaching a 1-day WellCAD class in Denver, Colorado on March 19th in conjunction with the SAGEEP 2017
The course will be broken down into smaller focus groups that will cover: NEW features of WellCAD 5.2, custom header design, document formatting, image processing, full waveform sonic processing, etc.
WellCAD is rapidly becoming the standard software for data processing and presentation in the geosciences industry. This 1‐day short course is designed to accommodate any level of WellCAD by using the smaller focus groups to address different topics. The course objective is to familiarize new WellCAD users with the software and its capabilities, as well as address specific processing questions from the more advanced users.
A few of the topics that will be covered during the course are:
- WellCAD 5.2: New features of WellCAD version 5.2
- Introduction to the concepts around which WellCAD is organized: User interface, types of data, loading and management of borehole data, presentation layout (templates) and data exchange with other software.
- Document header design: Dynamic text fields, maps, legends, tables.
- Manipulation of data: Filter, depth shifting, resampling, blocking, formula parser, manual data entry.
- Image & Structure Interpretation Workspace: Setup of workspace, manual and computer assisted picking.
- Full Waveform Sonic Module: Velocity Analysis, First Arrival Picking, Cement Bond Methods.
Who should attend
The course can be followed by beginners and advanced WellCAD users.