Mount Sopris Instruments, along with our sister company, ALT, will be exhibiting and providing training in conjunction with the Australian Society of Geophysics’ (ASEG) 25th International Geophysical Conference and Exhibition in Adelaide, South Australia. Mount Sopris is exhibiting with our Australian representative, Alpha Geoscience, at booth 63. Our partners, ALT and Geosensor will be at booths 19 and 20. The show runs from August 21-24, 2016.
Please feel free to stop by our booth to ask about our new 2500 meter winch and slim 4-Pi density tools. We want to hear from you about which tools you need developed for future jobs!
Following the conference, Timo Korth (ALT), lead product geophysicist and programmer for WellCAD software, will be conducting two classes related to image logging and processing.
Introduction to Acoustic and Optical Televiewer from Data Collection to Processing
- Cost: FREE
- Date: August 25th, 2016
- Description: Image logging with Acoustic (ultrasonic) and Optical Televiewer for mining, mineral and geotechnical applications has rapidly become a standard in the industry. This 1‐day short course will introduce the course attendee to many aspects of the Acoustic and Optical Televiewer tools, the logging system and procedure as well as the data processing in WellCAD software.
- Transportation, lunch, and drinks are provided. Includes a logging demonstration of the latest generation Acoustic Televiewer.
WellCAD Essentials for Image Logging
- Cost: $450
- Date: August 26th, 2016
- Description: WellCAD is rapidly becoming the standard software for image data processing and presentation in the geosciences industry. This 1‐day short course will familiarize the course attendee with many aspects of the software including loading, processing and presentation of image logging data.
- Course Content Includes:
- Introduction to the concepts around which WellCAD is organized: User interface, types of data, loading and management of borehole data, presentation layout (templates) and data exchange with other software.
- Document header design: Dynamic text fields, maps, legends, tables.
- Manipulation of data: Filter, depth shifting, resampling, blocking, formula parser, manual data entry.
- Image & Structure Interpretation Workspace: Setup of workspace, manual and computer assisted picking.
Click here or here for more information on these classes and how to sign up.