The SCOUT is a new generation data logger. It offers the unique combination of high performance, ruggedness and ease of use appreciated by many logging operators worldwide.
It supports all tools implementing ALT protocol including MSI/ALT tools with QuickLink (QL) Telemetry, and it is optimized for use with the 2nd generation Acoustic and Optical Televiewers – collecting data at baud rates up to 500,000 bps.
Key Features & Benefits
- Increased logging speed through ultra high speed USB interface, runs on any PC compatible notebook.
- Windows operating system platform. Preferred solution for customer looking for light weight high performance equipment.
- Wireline and winch flexibility-runs on coax, mono-or multi-conductor wireline.
- High speed up hole telemetry system and automatic telemetry tuning.
- Improved telemetry performance on long single and multi-conductor wirelines when used in conjunction with the latest generation of ALT/MSI tools. New Equalizer and Train processes.
- Totally software controlled using Logger Suite software. Real Time Data display and printing.
- Very easy to use, with graphical user interface, self-diagnostic features, configurable through files, minimal user input required.
- Shaft encoder flexibility – compatible with any 12V or 5V shaft encoder.
- Robust heavy duty system, fault tolerant.
Specifications – Metric (English)
Dimension (W x L x H): 17 x 31.5 x 12.5 cm (7 x 12.4 x 4.9 in.)
Weight: 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs)
Input Voltage: 90-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz inverter compatible
Tool Power: At 120 VDC, 500 mA
PC Connection: High Speed USB
Logging Cable: Standard single, four, seven conductor and coaxial
Tools / Telemetry: ALT protocol including MSI/ALT tools with QL Telemetry
Upgradeability: User upgradeable firmware
Software: Logger Suite Version 12.1 or later
Logger suite software is compatible with all ALT/MSI data loggers. The software is easy to use and the interface is conform to the MS Windows standard.
The heart of the graphical user interface is the dashboard, the operators control panel to select and control all system functions, monitor the data acquisition process and observe the logging tool status. The dashboard consists of multiple threads running concurrently and handling specific system tasks simultaneously.
The dashboard provides access to the following windows :
- Depth control
- Tool configuration, power control, and advanced tool settings
- Telemetry control and tuning
- Data sampling record and replay control
- System status display
- Wireline weight indicator display
- Data browser and processor control windows
Browser windows are used for real time data monitoring and offer a wide choice of display and printing options for conventional curves, full wave form sonic traces, acoustical and optical borehole images. A header editor is available to provide sophisticated log headers with graphics. Special processors can be activated and configured for real time processing (acoustic velocity picking, spectral gamma display and stacking).
Using the WellCAD Browser add-on module allows a real-time connection to the WellCAD data processing platform enabling the user to apply templates, compare currently logged data with reference / repeat data or run processes. QA / QC tasks, data preprocessing and field interpretation can be executed on incoming data.