The QL40-SFM Spinner Flowmeter probe measures impeller rotation caused by groundwater flow in the borehole. It uses a magnetically coupled pick-up which drives a low friction, high resolution encoder located inside the lower pressure housing. The encoder produces 256 pulses per shaft rotation. It has quadrature sensing electronics that instantaneously detect flow direction changes.
The QL40-SFM flowmeter tool is stackable within the Quick Link (QL) product line or it can be run as a standalone tool.
- Pumping flow profiles in screened or perforated cased holes
- Identification of hydrostratigraphic units
- Determine quantitative interval specific flow rates
- Confirmation of predicted transmissive zones in open hole
[X] PVC Borehole
[X] Not Necessary
Logging Conditions: Static/dynamic or dynamic while pumping
Borehole Conditions: Fluid-filled, open borehole or perforated screen casing
Features & Benefits
- In comparison with tools from competitors, the QL40-SFM records exceedingly accurate flow data, collecting 256 pulses per shaft rotation.
- Supplied with 102, 76, or 51 mm (2 , 3 or 4 inch) cages to provide optimum results in a variety of borehole diameters
- Operates on any standard wireline (Mono, 4, 7 conductor, or Coax)
- Slim, 40 mm diameter. One-person operation.
- Can be combined with other logging tools of the QL product line or operated as a standalone tool.
Specifications – Metric/English
|Diameter||40 mm||1.57 in.|
|Length||0.9 m||35.4 in.|
|Weight||3.2 Kg||7 lbs.|
|Max. Pressure||200 bar||2900 psi|
Sensor: Pick-up Sensor
Spinner Range: 0-3000 rpm
Accuracy: better than 1%
Resolution: 256 ppr
Cage Sizes: 102, 76, or 51 mm (2 , 3 or 4 inch) cages available
New! Flowmeter Workspace in WellCAD Software
WellCAD Software has a new Flowmeter Workspace built in to WellCAD Basic. After initializing the workspace the user can interactively pick identified No Flow zones. The contribution of the flow zones will automatically be computed and displayed as percentage, absolute and cumulated values in text as well as in graphic form.
Additional data such as geophysical logs, lithology columns or well sketches can be added as reference logs to the workspace aiding the interpretation. Templates can be saved and applied when initializing a new workspace to save valuable time.
QL Stack Possibilities
- QL40SFM + QL40GR (Gamma): Identify and Characterize Flow zones
- QL40SFM + QL40CAL (Caliper): Borehole volume, Quantitative Flow Calculations, Water well Production Investigations
- QL40SFM + QL40FTC-I (Inline Fluid Temp, Conductivity): Hydrogeologist’s Fluid Flow Tool Combination