MOUNT SOPRIS is proto-typing a new small-footprint, high capacity geophysical logging winch. The new Model 4IWA-1000 (Intelligent Winch Assembly) geophysical logging winch is a result of our experience, customer feedback and innovation.
The smart motor control allows user to:
- Drive the cable very smoothly and very slowly
- Drive the cable fast without needing to change gearing.
- Drive the cable based on the encoder to make it steady from layer to layer on the drum.
- Rig Up and Rig Down Mode. Use the Tension input to sense when someone is pulling on the cable and pay out/reel in cable as the user pulls on the cablehead.
- Use a standard Ball screw to drive the levelwind head.
- Drive a display with Tension and Depth.
- Stop the winch if the tension gets too high (stuck) or too low (stuck or bottom of the hole)
- Control the winch from a computer to drive it to a set depth.
- Hold the probe steady without setting the brake.
- No chains or belts.
- Internal brake
4IWA-100 winches are servo driven, and can be logged at speeds less than 1 meter per hour or up to 75 meters/min. The drum core is a Lebus grooved drum for accurate, consistent spooling. The overall small footprint, 34 x 43 x 33 inches allows for mounting in a variety of geophysical logging applications.