Mount Sopris WNA and WFA Truck-Mounted Winches are rugged, field-tested logging hoists capable of positioning a geophysical probe or other tool in a borehole. They are designed to be mounted to a truck and can haul equipment loads up to 272 kg (600 lbs) at rates between 0 and 90 m/min (0 to 300 ft/min). These winches are optimal for boreholes between 1000 and 1800 meters (3280 ft to 5900 ft) in depth and support a wide variety of cable types.
Features & Benefits
- WNA includes a 1HP motor, WFA includes a 2HP motor
- High precision measuring wheel and depth encoder
- Cable is automatically wrapped on the drum in even layers through the level wind mechanism
- Tension display and load cell with digital depth measuring system
- Includes cablehead, remote control, disc brake, and 2 speed drive.
- Equipped with slip rings and connectors, through which surface instrumentation can communicate with the probe
- Motor is controlled by a motor speed controller, which allows the user to vary the logging speed
The WNA/WFA Winches and Winch Control are designed for use with Mount Sopris logging consoles and a field laptop to achieve a complete logging system. These winches can also be mounted on skids for remote access applications or within custom designed logging vehicles.
Contact Us for information about using our truck-mounted winches for your project.
Motor: 1 or 2 HP, SCR type
Controller: SCR controller, with 10 Amp current limit
Depth Encoder: BEI Model H20 (200 pulses/turn) standard, others available.
Wireline Tolerance: Supports Single Conductor, Coaxial, and Multi-Conductor Cables
Winch Size: 114 x 52 x 66 cm (45 x 20.25 x 26 in.)
Winch Weight without Cable: 110 kg (242 lbs)
Cable off-axis Tolerance: 20° left, 20° right, 15° down, 90° up
|4WNA||Max Speed||Max Continuous Load||Max Instantaneous Load|
|Low Speed||9 m/min (30 ft/min)||272 kg (600 lbs)||363 kg (800 lbs)|
|High Speed||27 m/min (90 ft/min)||113 kg (250 lbs)||136 kg (300 lbs)|
|4WFA||Max Speed||Max Continuous Load||Max Instantaneous Load|
|Low Speed||30 m/min (100 ft/min)||272 kg (600 lbs)||363 kg (800 lbs)|
|High Speed||90 m/min (300 ft/min)||113 kg (250 lbs)||136 kg (300 lbs)|
Temperature: -20 to 50 Deg. C
Approximate Shipping Weight:
* 1000 m (3281 ft) of 3/16 in. (4.76 mm) cable: 324 kg (715 lbs)
* 1800 m (5905 ft) of 3/16 in. (4.76 mm) cable: 340 kg (750 lbs)
Shipping Dimensions: 117 x 72 x 74 cm (46 x 28.5 x 29.25 in.)
Older 3WCA Winch Control Operations Manual